What is a Virtual Assistant?
A Virtual Assistant is someone who provides remote services to different brands and businesses. They possess excellent expertise and work ethics. That’s why hiring them will make a significant impact in reaching business goals.
Embracing Virtual Assistant is an excellent strategy to leverage the business potential. Hiring a VA can be a big decision to make. But if you aim for success, then taking risks is part of the game. As a result, several benefits are experiencing by businesses that consider VA’s expertise. What are these benefits?
First, a virtual assistant doesn’t need too much supervision. Second, it enables you to grasp the most potential talent that your business needs. Third, it reduces the workload. And, above all, VAs keep you away from entrepreneurial burnout.
Chris Ducker, a best-selling author, suggests three simple lists to foster productivity. First is you must identify and list the things you hate doing. Next, determine something you can’t do yourself. And, last, is to list down the things you shouldn’t be doing.
By identifying these three things, you will know the tasks that need outsourcing. So, you will be able to focus more on core tasks in your business.
7 Virtual Assistant Tasks
1. General Virtual Assistance (GVA)
General Virtual Assistant is an “all-in-one” help to your business. To clarify, GVA has much expertise in his/her skill sets. They can do admin tasks while working on your digital business presence. Another thing is they can provide blogging, email marketing, and SMM proficiencies.
To sum up, unlike other niches where it focuses on one skill. GVA’s can work on varied duties while maintaining excellent outputs.
Few GVA services that can help your business to thrive are:
- Administrative & Blogging Tasks
- File Storage & Organization Tasks
- Email & Schedule Management Tasks
- Email Marketing
In this digital era, contents are powerful tools to sustain your business. Customer-centric content is a priority this time. That’s why you need to team- up with an expert content creator.
For instance, you need to create blogs. Yes, you can write but, how are you sure that your blogs can reach your target audience?
This is to say that you need a creator who specializes in blogs. Blogging is not writing alone but. It is crafting content with an SEO strategy.
There, it would be best if you had a blog writer. But, for other content needs you have, you can check on the different content creators like:
- Brand journalist
- Technical writer
- Social Media writer
- Email writer
- Long-form content writer
- Ad and promo writer
3. SEO & Digital Marketing
SEO is pivotal to the effectiveness of your digital marketing strategies. Since algorithms are always changing, your business needs an SEO expert. An SEO specialist is a virtual assistant focusing on SEO analysis and strategies. The VA will be analyzing the current SEO trend. After that, the creation of a plan and strategies will take place to cope with the competition.
Especially if you are a start-up business and you are starting to build with your website. Your website will convey your brand online. And for you to reach potential targets, you need to have a strong foundation for your site. SEO will build the foundation. Thus, it will help sustain your business even if the competition is tough.
The SEO specialists’ role comprises of:
- Site Analysis
- Competitor Analysis
- Keyword Research for Blog Content
- On-page optimization for a post / page
- Landing Page Set-up/Creation
- WebMaster Submission
- Sitemap Submissions
People nowadays are into digital that’s why building a digital presence is vital. When your business is establishing well on your online presence, you will reach a massive potential market. This is the reason why a Social Media Virtual Assistant would take place.
Other functions that a Social Media VA can deliver with effectiveness are:
- Creating accounts on any social media platform
- Crafting and optimizing detailed profiles
- Creating and scheduling content
- Conduct a thorough analysis
- Studying rankings, and online visibility of your business
- Studying your competitor’s keyword prioritization
- Creating a social media plan
- Ensuring the business’ mobile social media strategy
- Performing research for key hashtag conversations
- Engaging with the audience
- Consistent updating all social media accounts
- Run a social media campaign
5. Web Developer
When it comes to your business’s digital presence, having a website must be a priority. Let us say that you can create your website. But, if you are not specializing in this, you will waste a lot of money and time.
Website Developers are skillful VAs with high expertise in graphic design and programming. The Web VA knows many programming languages. Hence, allowing them to code and design your website in the most convenient way.
- Support and Develop WordPress (PHP) Websites
- Install WordPress Plugins and Themes
- WordPress Theme Customization
- WordPress Functionality and PlugIn Enhancement
- Site Maintenance such as Security and Troubleshooting
- CRM & Social Media Integration
- Payment Gateway Integration
- Install and Support an Email Ticketing System
6. Audio & Video Editor
The audio and video editors are both skillful and creative virtual assistants. While the audio VA focuses on selecting and mixing sounds, the video VA focuses on developing a digital video.
While some business owners can create videos, the whole process eats a lot of time. As a result, you will end up not productive in other areas of your business. Plus, audio and video editors have more experience. So, the output is more excellent and effective.
The services they can provide for you are:
- Basic Editing of Audio Files
- Removing Background Noise from Audio and Video
- Adding Intro’s and Outro’s to Videos
- Basic Photoshop / Image Editing (Not Graphic Design)
- Powerpress (Podcasting WP Plugin) Installation
- Podcast Setup on iTunes
- Podcast Insertion on Blogpost
7. Graphic/ Web Designer
Graphic and Web Designer are both Creative VAs. Their tasks are focusing more on creating pictures and templates. We indeed have many ideas in mind. But, some people are excellent at thinking ideas. And others are great at making graphics and designs. Plus, not everyone has this outstanding talent. Accept it! We can try to do these tasks but, we need more time and effort to produce excellent output.
An ideal option is to outsource with Creative VAs and let them utilize their expertise.
Some of the functions they can deliver are designing:
- Logos, Banners, Icons, eBook Covers and Headers
- Infographics Images
- Websites, Creating Mock-Ups
- Landing / Sales / Opt-In Pages
- Basic Video Editing
Being a business owner encompasses many responsibilities. You need to identify tasks that you can outsource to be more productive and effective in the business’s core areas. Visit surge and hire the best Virtual Assistant for your business.